Author Topic: Forum RP?  (Read 1349 times)

Offline styg

• Gladiator
Forum RP?
« on: July 29, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »
I've already casually mooted this to a few people; now I'm just trying to gauge a general opinion, no idea whether this would actually happen, but it's something I've been thinking about a fair bit lately.

Not only do events in one fed knock onto those in another via shared characters, most of us also have non-combatant characters who are currently serving as pretty much NPCs. Would it be worth setting up a non-combat interfed, for more traditional forum RP, to serve as a place to explore the consequences of storylines and to flesh out characters away from the ring/cage?

Two parts to this really... are you interested, and how much do you think you might use such a thing?

Thanks.

Offline Jackson

• The Mechanical Animal
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Fighter
Re: Forum RP?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 06:02:54 PM »
I can actually see something like this happening with most of the people here, since we all have that Twitter network with our chars and NPC's.

Might be cool to do.

V

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 08:16:35 PM »
Definitely. Got some stories to tell and just don't have the place to tell them, nor the time to tell them in efed-deadline-has-to-be-quality style.

Honestly, as interesting as the Twitter thing has gotten at times, I'm just losing the time to keep up with everything everywhere.  It might just lend itself to the necessary organization as well.

Def in.

V

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 08:21:48 PM »
And will help promote, build, whatev needs doing if wanted.

CHINasty

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 09:53:30 PM »
About all I can manage is writing for matches. I will have some side character story in my writing but don't have the time really for more than what is needed to compete. Speaking of which... piece will be up tomorrow or Sunday at the latest. Been a busy, busy month at work to where all I felt like doing when home is relaxing and not doin' shit.

CHINasty

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 09:54:13 PM »
I could do some side character writing in a non competitive atmosphere without time restraints tho.

Tim

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 11:40:11 PM »
Given that I've spent my last two RP's heavily featuring non-competing characters...this might make sense for me as well.  Will seriously consider it.

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • Gladiator
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 12:44:41 AM »
I don't think this is something that I would be interested in, but if you guys wanna do it I say go for it. My only caveat is that it doesn't distract anyone from writing stories event-to-event.

Kris

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 06:10:53 AM »
Sure, why not?

Maleficente

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 07:32:09 PM »
Personally, I think it's a great idea. It would add more depth to our world, and to be honest, I would find this more my thing than Twitter.

Offline styg

• Gladiator
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 12:29:46 PM »
Can anyone think of a good name for it? lol

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal