Author Topic: I GOT FIRED FROM HOW TONIGHT  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Jackson

• The Mechanical Animal
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Fighter
I GOT FIRED FROM HOW TONIGHT
« on: December 29, 2011, 12:49:06 AM »
YUP! Doing a series on deja vu where Jax slowly goes nuts because he can't tell past from present and echoing an old rp scene, means I cheated. You judge. Kris might recognize the scene, since it was a continuation of one I did in her Defeat The Unknown tournament.

New scene:

NYC || 12-11-11

It was well below freezing as the man leaned against the railing, looking down on the deserted skating rink at Rockefeller Center. At three in the morning, the place was deserted, lorded over by the gigantic Christmas tree. Softly, he whistled the tune of the popular Chipmunks Christmas tune, rolling his eyes towards the cloud-choked sky.

Keep the hula hoop. I'll take a title belt. YOU owe me that much, hoss. Doesn't matter which one.

The cold wind crept into his marrow, but he didn't really notice. He didn't shiver, or hunch his shoulders. Instead he scowled up at that singular iconic holiday symbol as if it was the cause of everything wrong in his world.

Maybe on some level it was.

He hadn't really celebrated Christmas since he'd been six years old. That was the last year his mother has been alive. Barely even six months later, she'd lost the battle to ovarian cancer. He tried not to think along those lines, but right now he felt the emptiness more keenly than ever before. 

"Fuck you, Christmas." He growled at the tree, rubbing his face with one trembling hand before fishing a mangled pack of cigarettes out of his back pocket. He shook one out, placing it between his lips, for a moment just enjoying the familiar motion. Wind whispered through the square, tousling his hair, making his ears burn from the cold. He didn't care.

The flame jittered, sputtering and going out as he brought it to the end of the cigarette clamped between his lips. "Fuck," he muttered, thumb moving over the wheel again. This time it stayed lit. Embers glowed as he drew the acrid smoke deep into his lungs, along with the bite of the crisp winter air. The first drag hit him in a bad way, making him cough long and hard. Somewhere in the back of his brain, something niggled, familiar.

One shoulder lifted in a shrug as he brought the cigarette to his lips again. Inhale. Exhale. Normally there was something soothing in those simple motions, but not today.  His hands closed into fists, clenching so tightly that the knuckles turned white. His eyes were fixed on the star at the top of that goddamned tree. "Bring me one of those belts for Christmas," he whispered, as though that chunk of plastic was a line directly to God's ear.

He reached into his pocket, pulling out his beat up Blackberry, checking the display. No calls. With a sigh, he held down the 1 key before putting the phone to his ear.

She answered almost immediately, sounding half-asleep. "Brad?"

"Hey, babe." He sighed into the phone, turning his back on the tree and walking back towards Fifth Avenue. "Standing here by the tree in Rockefeller Center, thinkin'…"

"Thinkin'?" she echoed, still sounding like she had one foot in dreamland.

"Christmas, y'know? It's just," he groaned, "Shirlea put up those decorations you had last year. The tree an'-"

"Shirlea?" she cut him off, "what the fuck is she doing there, Jackson?" She sounded awake now. It was funny how he'd always been able to gauge her mood by what she called him. Right now she was colder than the air that pulled at his clothes because she'd slipped into that impersonal stage name area.

Shit. Way to go, asshole.

He sighed, literally facepalming as he bowed his head. "Her an' Bruce were watching the club. She came by to clean the place up for me." The silence was worse than anything she could have said, forcing him to say something to fill the void. "When do you want me there for the holiday shit?"

She was silent for so long he had to look at the screen to make sure the call hadn't ended.

"Hello? Ry, you still there?"

"Stay in New York." Her voice was hollow. He could imagine the look on her face as she bit her lip to hold back the tears.

"Ryann, I'm not-"

"STAY IN NEW YORK!" She screamed the words in his ear, her voice breaking before she continued in a more level tone, one that cut deeper than ranting and raving ever would have, "fuck your little whore. Bury your head in the sand and pretend the holidays don't exist. I'll make up an excuse to tell my family why you can't make it. I'll tell the twins when they're older that Daddy couldn't make their FIRST Christmas because he had belts to win, and groupie sluts to go down on. I'm sure they'll understand. Everyone understands, Jackson. You're a hotshot wrestler. Somebody important-"

"Shut the fuck up," the way she said the last word was the last straw. She'd said it the same way one would say diseased.

"What's the matter? Does the truth hurt? Or are you surprised that I've got a backbone now?" 

"No," his voice grew soft, the rasp more pronounced, "I'll be home for Christmas."

"Yeah," she laughed, "don't strain yourself out of obligation. I wouldn't want to be a burden or an excuse for failure."

"Stop. Just… stop. This nonsense has gone on long enough. You're my girl, goddamn it." The last words came out as a low growl, anger the only real emotion he'd shown thus far.

"I don't belong to you." She said with that tone that told him more than he wanted to know. She'd shut it down, trying like hell to cut him off. He could see the end coming like a speeding train, carried by her cold tone. "I'm not sixteen anymore. I can't be bought off with a couple empty promises."

"I wasn't trying to buy you off." He snapped, immediately defensive, eyes squeezing shut as he gripped the phone tighter. "Please don't hang up on me. It's three in the morning and I…" he paused, taking in a shaky breath. "Just talk to me, alright. I'm lonely."

There was a long pause. He could hear her breathing on the phone but no words came out for what seemed to be an eternity. Finally she said something, in a voice that was so low the sound was nearly lost by rattle of the wind in the speaker. "I can't do this anymore." The phone beeped softly to let him know the call had ended.

"Fuck!" He drew his arm back, almost giving in to the urge to whip his phone. Common sense won out, but just barely.

It would be better for us if she were dead. If you hadn't been too drunk to do it right-

"Yeah, I know." He wiped the back of his hand over his lips, "rub it in why don't you? It'll happen eventually. It's just... y'know, the timing's tricky." 

Promises, promises.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old Scene:

Munich || 02-10-10

It was well below freezing as the man walked through the deserted Marienplatz. At three in the morning, the open square was a ghost town, but if one were to listen hard enough, they might hear the sounds of the sporting tournaments that had taken place here in medieval times. The cold wind crept into his marrow, but he didn't really notice. He didn't shiver, or hunch his shoulders. Instead he stopped in the shadow of the statue of the Virgin Mary, looking up past her beatific features at the star-dappled sky. It was almost comforting to think that she might be looking at the same stars back in Cameron.

His hands were stuffed deep in the pockets of his beat up leather jacket that he wore open over the black hooded sweatshirt. Jeans were ragged, wear holes along the pockets and faded to white along the thighs. He looked like he hadn't slept in a week, judging by the stubble covering his cheeks and chin. Dark circles ringed his eyes, making him appear older than he was.

He sat down on a bench there with a sigh, rubbing his face with one trembling hand before fishing a mangled pack of cigarettes out of his back pocket. He shook one out, placing it between his lips, for a moment just enjoying the familiar motion. Wind whispered through the square, tousling his hair, making his ears burn from the cold. He didn't care.

The flame jittered, sputtering and going out as he brought it to the end of the cigarette clamped between his lips. "Fuck," he muttered, thumb moving over the wheel again. This time it stayed lit. Embers glowed as he drew the acrid smoke deep into his lungs, along with the bite of the crisp winter air. The first drag hit him in a bad way, making him cough long and hard.

One shoulder lifted in a shrug as he brought the cigarette to his lips again. Inhale. Exhale. Something soothing in those simple motions. With a sigh he pushed up his sleeves slowly, revealing his tanned forearms. Faded tattoos graced the insides of both wrists, only visible for a moment as he turned his arms. There were scabbed over cuts on his wrists, like he'd been fighting with razor wire or broken glass. His hands closed into fists, clenching so tightly that the knuckles turned white, despite the discoloration of scar tissue there.

He reached into his pocket, pulling out a slim cell phone, checking the display. No calls. With a sigh, he flipped it open, pressing a key before putting the phone to his ear.

She answered almost immediately, her voice cold, the words clipped. "What do you want, Jackson?" He could always gauge just how she felt by what she called him. Today she was colder than the air that pulled at his clothes because she was using his stage name, just his last name.

He sighed, leaning back against the bench, closing his eyes. "Just… to talk…" The silence was worse than anything she could have said, forcing him to say something to fill the void. "Did you get the flowers I sent? I wasn't sure if you'd like them, but I-"

"Yes, I got them. Is that all you wanted?"

"No," his voice grew soft, the rasp more pronounced, "Ryann… I miss you. I want to come home, babe. This nonsense has gone on long enough. You're my girl, goddamn it." The last words came out as a low growl, anger the only real emotion he'd shown thus far.

"I don't belong to you." She said with that tone that told him more than he wanted to know. She'd shut it down, trying like hell to cut him off. She'd been talking shit to him on the Internet, over that stupid bullshit Twitter. He could see the end coming like a speeding train, carried by her cold tone. "I'm not a possession. I can't be bought off with a bunch of flowers."

"I wasn't trying to buy you off." He snapped, immediately defensive, eyes squeezing shut as he gripped the phone tighter. "Please don't hang up on me. I'm in Germany. It's three in the morning and I…" he paused, taking in a shaky breath. "Just talk to me."

There was a long pause. He could hear her breathing on the phone but no words came out for what seemed to be an eternity. Finally she said something, in a voice that was so low the sound was nearly lost by the static of the overseas connection. "I can't do this anymore." The click of the disconnection replaced her last words, and her strained tone. The sound cut through him like a knife, twisting and eviscerating.

Kris

Re: I GOT FIRED FROM HOW TONIGHT
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 12:52:54 AM »
I've said it once, I'll say it again;

Lee is pants-on-head retarded.

Offline Jackson

• The Mechanical Animal
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Fighter
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 01:12:51 AM »
Oh there's more to the story. I "donated" $100 about a month ago to "buy" 3 IC arenas for the new year.

He will not refund my money even though I was fired.

Kris

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 01:15:19 AM »
Wow.

How did you pay him? If it was through Paypal, open a dispute.

V

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 03:33:40 AM »
haaaaaaaaaaaaah.

hah.

grats?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:37:25 AM by Kore »

Maleficente

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 03:53:34 AM »
The middle-class douchebags strike again.

The only sad thing is that I'm still surprised by that bunch of morons.

Ryann

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 04:22:35 AM »
It's rare that I agree with Kris, but I do about this...  Lee Best is a fucking douche...

Offline Mike

• Administrator
  • Gladiator
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 04:13:15 AM »
I use to re-write old stuff all the time when I went to new feds and wanted to relaunch a particular storyline.

Kris

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 04:51:01 AM »
You filthy cheater>:(

...;)

Offline Jackson

• The Mechanical Animal
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Fighter
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 10:51:27 AM »
Apparently I twisted Lee’s words and was harsh in calling him a dick since he told me about the money that he would “work on it” so here’s THAT convo, in its entirety:

Random White Guy 12/28 10:40 pm copy and paste job….Main Event..on my biggest show…trust me…last thing i wanted to have happen

You 12/28 10:41 pm /really/ appreciate you speaking to me about this copy/paste? what the fuck was i supposed to have copied? MY OWN words as a catchphrase?

Random White Guy 12/28 10:41 pm about 80% of two rps were copy and paste jobs from rps u did in VWA..shane lawsons fed

You 12/28 10:41 pm ummm what?

Random White Guy 12/28 10:42 pm no biggie…been done before will be done again i am sure…i just cant allow it in HOW.

You 12/28 10:42 pm are you talking about my flashback scene? i figured since that was a flashback it was ok

Random White Guy 12/28 10:42 pm gotta jet…just hopped on to post the match america wrote….sorry but i just cant have that happen..espcially in that match on that show

You 12/28 10:43 pm whatever. then i guess i’m done

Random White Guy 12/28 10:43 pm ur good peeps..i like ya…but fake pretend wrestling rules are fake pretend wrestling rules. *shrugs*

You 12/28 10:43 pm don’t suppose i can get a refund on that $100 for arenas i don’t need to pay for

Random White Guy 12/28 10:44 pm wont take it outta the HOW fund but ill work with ya on that…shitty circumstances but not gonna take from the petty cash fund for that like i said…id have 283200329230 guys on my ass if i didnt like you go from HOW cause of this….i didnt even know until a bunch of peeps kept hitting me up finally checked after work today

Random White Guy 12/28 10:45 pm who knows maybe we can be sneaky and get u in under a different name or something…like i said..ur good peeps..i like ya…its just one of those things..rules were broke in a game…gotta pay

You 12/28 10:46 pm yeah

You 12/28 10:46 pm today has already been shit… so this is just icing

Random White Guy 12/28 10:47 pm i was sooooo amped for ur win too..and set up the shows post ICONIC to run in your arenas..etc so i literally had no idea…ur too good of a writer to even copy and paste ONE SENTENCE u know? like seriously

You 12/28 10:47 pm bishop steele stole other people’s writing

You 12/28 10:47 pm including mine don’t ever lump me in with that asshole

Random White Guy 12/28 10:48 pm noted..lol i just dont think america had another IC reference to use told him not to go full out OOC ..cause like i said..ur quality peeps and i like ya

You 12/28 10:48 pm it doesn’t matter i’m sure now everyone else thinks i’m a fucking piece of shit

Random White Guy 12/28 10:49 pm its an efed…i wouldnt worry about shit from peeps u will never meet u know?

You 12/28 10:49 pm wel;l it’s been fun

Random White Guy 12/28 10:49 pm dont close the door fully but if it is and what not..ya it has been

Random White Guy 12/28 10:49 pm shitty end..but ya

You 12/28 10:52 pm Jax is my best character… don’t have much interest in being a jobber with one of my shitty ones

Random White Guy 12/28 10:54 pm ya i hear ya….the only thing that would really matter is post OOC and just state why you did what you did. Guys have seen the two rps in question and its pretty hard to dispute it..even if they are over a year old u know?
obviously dont beg or anything like that..but just state your case…state you know u fucked up…you enjoy HOW..want to stay…you got your punishment…move on type of dealio i hate losing ya..really do..but my hand was forced on this u know?

You 12/28 10:55 pm i honestly don’t recall posting anything from VWA for ICONIC… so care to tell me what rp I used?

You 12/28 10:55 pm i was in that shithole fed for all of like… a month

Random White Guy 12/28 10:56 pm click on VWA Promos and Roleplays. Go to VWA Promo & Roleplay Archive. Go to Page 16. Bottom of the page, you’ll find the thread for Fatal Four Way match with Jackson vs. Matt Sanders vs. Tyler Beck vs. Khold. The last 2 RPs are Jackson’s. Read them, then read Jackson’s 3rd and 4th RPs posted for the ICONIC Main Event. this floated throughout the fed today..i was the last to read em

You 12/28 10:58 pm so it’s all about some words in a blog??

Random White Guy 12/28 10:59 pm i think its more than that..but it is what it is..and i really gotta jet…talk tomorrow if u want..or hit guys up on the forums…or txt me later..either way….

You 12/28 10:59 pm k

Random White Guy 12/28 11:03 pm start with the Munich 2-10-10 line…its word for word on both the VWA rp and the ones u posted for ICONIC…thats more than just Jax repeating himself..etc later

You 12/28 11:04 pm no, that was deliberate haven’t you noticed the theme i was trying to do?

You 12/28 11:05 pm Jax saying over and over that the past keeps repeating on him??

And then… he logged off. I went to post on the forums and while doing a post my account was deleted. Texted him about that and he said he would “look at that tomorrow”. So yeah, we can definitely “work” something out. No, when someone blows you off, that is the DEFINITION of being dicked around.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:59:21 AM by Jackson »

Maleficente

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 08:02:05 PM »
You really are better off out of there.

Offline Jackson

• The Mechanical Animal
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Fighter
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »

I KNOW.

V

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 11:16:51 PM »

I KNOW.
then...

excuse my lack of politesse...

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU STAY?

Offline Jackson

• The Mechanical Animal
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Fighter
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 11:30:30 PM »
I'm a sucker for punishment? Honestly, it was more stubbornness... and I wanted to win that last title just to prove they were all shit.

Sad but true.

V

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 02:47:21 PM »
When they are the ones determining who wins, you will always fail.

I know you think, well, I can put out something good enough that they HAVE TO admit that I'm a badass and make me win but...

These are very lazy people you're dealing with, that have huge egos to defend.  To use the TV borderline-cliche, it's not about who lies and who doesn't... it's about figuring out why everyone lies, and they've already shown why they lie.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal