Author Topic: TNA  (Read 3065 times)

Rex

TNA
« on: September 28, 2009, 01:57:42 AM »
Anyone been watching it lately? I know AJ Styles has the TNA Title, fucking finally! But... could anyone fill me in on other stuff. I've missed a lot. Hadn't watched it since the night Homicide went to W.E. And I loved the homicide heel turn.

silas

Re: TNA
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 02:40:33 PM »
the rock is the champ.  atleast the people's champ.

Tim

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 03:48:01 PM »
it's a giant mess that can barely hold itself together and manages to insult your intelligence even more than the WWE.

There, you're caught up.

As a lifelong fan, I am highly disappointed with the current state of wrestling. For every good decision a promotion makes, it makes at least five bad ones.  My only solace is knowing that guys like CM Punk, Samoa Joe, Christian, Edge and AJ Styles are going to be remembered as World Champions.  (Even though people like Batista, The Great Khali, and Jeff Hardy will be as well, ugh.)

Osbourne Kilminster

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:11:46 PM »
TNA has sucked ever since Ken Shamrock lost the World Championship, so basically from about it's 6th show...

V

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 11:26:43 AM »
i definitely wouldn't go so far as to say it sucks as bad as the above.

however... i pretty well agree with Karrin's writer's analysis.

which disappoints me pretty severely, as back in the original first couple years they had the TV deal, i worked on their site.  i remember the fantasticness of Daniels/AJ/Joe.  and they still have, quite likely though debatably, the best roster of any U.S. promotion-- they just push the absolute WRONG people amongst that roster.  AJ with the title is the only exception that i've seen in a long time.  granted i haven't watched regularly in a long time.  it's just, i've seen them job the MCMG to the likes of Steiner so many times that one more round and i might break a screen throwing shit in incoherent anger.

and i'm really not easy to rile in wrestling.  and contrary to what the current management of TNA thinks, that urge is not good heeling.  it's terrible heeling.  the point of heeling is to make you want to tune in to see 'em get their ass kicked, not to utterly lose interest with the promotion.

Rex

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 12:54:46 PM »
thanks guys. And I do agree, about TNA doing some dumb shit. MCMG should be holding the tag titles not jobbing to steiner and booker. if ne thing they shuld break up MEM and then have majority of its members fighting in the legend's title division or something.

But oh well, as long as AJ Styles is champion, TNA will be better than WWE. Altho, I watched smackdown merely for CM Punk, smackdown is just as terrible as RAW and ECW.

Offline Jackson

• The Mechanical Animal
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Fighter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 12:56:17 PM »
It's all terrible recently... and it makes me sad. :(

Osbourne Kilminster

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 01:31:48 PM »
Am I the only guy who still thinks HHH and HBK can pull off the DX thing?

Offline Sinnybuns/Mika

• Staff
  • Legendary Fighter
    • Valkyrie Chainmail
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 03:57:24 PM »
Am I the only guy who still thinks HHH and HBK can pull off the DX thing?

Nope.  It's one of the few things I look forward to on Raw

"Beauty is only skin-deep...ugly goes down to the bone."

Osbourne Kilminster

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 05:05:06 PM »
:D

Rex

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 10:45:32 PM »
I've reached the point where I'm not even looking forward to seeing HHH or HBK. It's kind of a shame really. I really only like to see CM Punk, MVP, Christian, Edge, and my all time 2nd fav. canadian after Bret Hart, ok, 3rd I was big on Owen too, but the always colorful CHRIS JERICHO!

Osbourne Kilminster

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 01:46:49 PM »
Haven't we already discussed Jericho's lack of win and the proportion of this to his gain in weight and loss of tights and hair? I think we did. He's a fat chump now.

Offline Jackson

• The Mechanical Animal
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Fighter
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 03:12:48 PM »
Haven't we already discussed Jericho's lack of win and the proportion of this to his gain in weight and loss of tights and hair? I think we did. He's a fat chump now.

But he's still cute in the face! :)

Tim

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 05:56:03 PM »

But he's still cute in the face! :)

And a better wrestler than almost everyone else.  Seriously, ozzy, you need to get over the fallacy of thinking that the more muscularly defined a wrestler, the better he is.  It's a little stupid.

Offline Sinnybuns/Mika

• Staff
  • Legendary Fighter
    • Valkyrie Chainmail
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 12:24:56 AM »
Jericho sucks. 

Jericho was better back in the day with the long hair and constantly making fun of Stephanie McMahon and Kurt Angle.

Blargh.

"Beauty is only skin-deep...ugly goes down to the bone."

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal