Author Topic: Quirks  (Read 3509 times)

RingOtaku

Quirks
« on: December 30, 2009, 12:17:31 AM »
Yeah. So I thought we could use a thread where we discuss our little quirks and odd habits. The things we do for no damned logical reason. Some of mine are:

When I am in the car I will either finish the song playing or when I get back in the car restart the track. I can't just come back whenever and listen to half the song.

When my ADD kicks in and I have to move and shuffle around I do it in counted sets. Like I'll move all my toes four times.

Offline Sinnybuns/Mika

• Staff
  • Legendary Fighter
    • Valkyrie Chainmail
Re: Quirks
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 12:30:19 AM »
...I fix the mistakes in other people's work when they send it to me to read.

Very compulsive about my jewelry as well.  Always have to have something on both wrists, balance I guess.  Also feel naked without a necklace.  Years of habit, I guess.

Also, when I have a sandwich or something...I tend to disassemble it, then eat it. 

"Beauty is only skin-deep...ugly goes down to the bone."

Shane Sanders

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 01:57:27 AM »
Where do you want me to begin?

1. I tear my food apart (ie: burgers, sammiches, hot dogs, etc) anything you'd bite into which is an old habit left over from when I had braces in Junior High that never left.

2. I only eat cereal and ice cream with a spoon. Anything else I use a fork. I will refuse to eat soup, Gumbo, stew, etc. unless I have a fork.

3. If I'm writing I have to be listening to music at full volume or else I lose concentration. If the song is an influence to my writing I'll repeat the same song or part of a song about fifteen times before I decide to switch songs or let it play through.

4. I have to have absolute silence if I'm driving to work in the mornings mostly because I'm half asleep and the last thing I want to hear is music or some prick on the radio.

5. I'm also anal about my accessories. Always have to have on my necklace and earring and ring. If i wear bracelets I only wear them on my left arm. Unlike Joyce--I hate balance lol.

6. I fucking HATE the number 222 (It haunts me--I swear it.)

Offline Jackson

• The Mechanical Animal
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Fighter
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 02:05:38 AM »
1) Cannot stand balance. Have uneven numbers of tattoos on either side of my body... and different numbers of rings in each ear. Everything is asymmetrical.

2) I also cannot stand only hearing half a song. I always restart the song when I get in the car. Never listen to the radio for that reason.

3) Sometimes I need silence to write. Sometimes I cannot stand silence when I'm writing. Depends on the piece... and the mood.

4) I also take apart sandwiches. I also rip toppings off pizza... eat them and the cheese... then roll up the crust and eat it.

5) I cannot stand the "drumstick" side of the chicken wing. I only like the side with the 2 bones.

6) I need music on to fall asleep.

7) The number 333 is something I require. I have to note it when that time passes while at work.

8) I eavesdrop on EVERY conversation going on around me at work... because I have to know if people are mentioning me.

9) I always correct grammar/spelling/etc when writing with someone. Sometimes I edit everything so it flows. I can't stand it if it doesn't.

10) I generally loathe everything I write about an hour after I post it.

11) I can spend an hour doing a graphic because I have OCD... and cannot stop if it's not done.

Osbourne Kilminster

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 02:03:41 PM »
At the gym, if I'm loading up a bar, the 20k plates have to match EXACTLY or I'll wait around until some thick piece of shit has finished using his bar with un-matched weights so I can set my bar up how I like it. It really pisses me off because although they all weigh 20k, some are from different brands and thereby slightly different sizes etc. Pisses off my training partner too.

Ainsley Lake

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 05:00:59 PM »

I know better than to list all of my quirks. You'd all think I was INSANE.

Offline Sinnybuns/Mika

• Staff
  • Legendary Fighter
    • Valkyrie Chainmail
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 05:30:08 PM »
Damn it, Nicolle.  :P  You got to it before I did.

Offline Jackson

• The Mechanical Animal
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Fighter
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 05:41:36 PM »
I am insane. I'm cool with that. :)

Offline Sinnybuns/Mika

• Staff
  • Legendary Fighter
    • Valkyrie Chainmail
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 06:13:26 PM »
Insane can be a good thing...as long as you're not psycho-bitch insane.

Big Ed Johnson

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
Me, I'm Perfect in every way...  My Mommy told me so  :)

Offline Sinnybuns/Mika

• Staff
  • Legendary Fighter
    • Valkyrie Chainmail
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 07:14:04 PM »
Perfectly insane, maybe.  :P

Shane Tallin

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 08:44:06 PM »
I hate everything with no knowledge of it sometimes... And still hat it once I know of it. Kinda a dick that way.

Also, I will sit and watch a move, and pick it apart piece by pieve as we watch. Even on the first viewing of said film.

Ryann

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 11:45:28 PM »
I change my kid's clothes once they come over from their dad's house.  Clean or not, I just can't help it.

I have to have the TV on when I'm listening to music.  I have it muted, but I have to be able to see the movement out of the corner of my eyes.

If I have mashed potatoes with my dinner, they're ALWAYS the first things I eat.  Doesn't matter what else is there.

Offline Sinnybuns/Mika

• Staff
  • Legendary Fighter
    • Valkyrie Chainmail
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 11:47:49 PM »
Hrmm...I always watch my movies with the subtitles on.  Always like to know exactly what they're saying...especially because people around me have loud fucking mouths.  Grrr.

Ryann

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 11:49:28 PM »
I do that too.

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal